I think in my last post about the difference between a homebreeder and commercial sellers or agents, I forgot to add some important information. So here they are:
- A homebreeder would use original joey pictures for sale.
- A homebreeder would not separate the joeys from their parents and chuck them all in one cage.
- A homebreeder never sells you a pair at the same time. Homebreeders do not have the sufficient breeding stock to give you a male and female pair at the same time. If this happens and from a homebreeder, it could be brother and sister.
- A homebreeder would never boast about his or her gliders come from imported line unless he or she has a certificate to prove such a matter.
- Homebreeders never off their joeys in a package deal. Why? Because we homebreeders are not in the pet supply business. Sometimes I may have 1 or 2 extra cages for sale but that is it. I never offer in a package like buy 2 joeys, get free cage and toy and bottle, etc…
- They would sell many joeys at once. All in the same cage, eating mostly apples or papaya or banana.
- Commercial sellers would never be able to tell you much about joey behaviour like how it barks and cries at night, how it would react to interaction. They would just say, “super tame” or “sangat jinak dan manja”.
- Offer a pair of joeys with all sorts of packages. Even weird food stuff and vitamins.
- Commercial sellers would always sell you a male and female pair. They do not care if the joeys are brother and sister.
- Commercial sellers sometimes would say their joeys are 100% from Australia. There is no such thing as importing joeys from Australia, the sugar glider trade in Australia is an illegal and banned pet trade.
- Commercial sellers would sell their joeys underaged or sometimes small sized joeys with so-called bushy tails.
- Apparently one commercial seller is selling joeys base on how bushy their tails are. The fluffier and bushier, the more expensive. The underage and thinner looking tails go cheaper.
So here are some guides. I hope you guys take a good read and spread it to your friends. I have seen too many that have fallen victim to commercial sellers and many innocent joeys living unhealthy lives, some never even live up to a year. So just beware.